Rosemary G. Rubin
Rosemary Rubin has been in the practice of law for almost 40 years. She has held several offices in the local Stark County Bar Association, including a term as its President from June 1991 to June 1992. Rosemary is also a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and she has been involved in several committees, including The Joint Task Force on Gender Fairness, Council of Delegates, Board of Directors, Chairman of The Joint Task Force on Parenting Issues, and the Family Law Committee. Rosemary recently became a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
While most lawyers practice in many areas of law, Rosemary concentrates her energies in the Family Law arena. In 2004, Rosemary became an OSBA Board Certified Family Law Specialist and she quickly became known for her zealous representation of both men and women in the Family Law Arena. She frequently lectures at Continuing Legal Education Conferences on issues of family law matters.
Born: July 20, 1949
Carol Miriam Rubin
Samuel Joseph Rubin
Robert C. Lichty
Lehman High School, 1967
Chatham College, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1971, BA (English)
University of Akron School of Law J.D., 1974
- Admitted to practice, State of Ohio, 1974
- Stark County Legal Aid Society – Staff Attorney – 1974 through 5/1978
- Central Trust Company of Northeastern Ohio – Trust Officer – 5/1978 through 9/1982
- Rubin & Selby Co., LPA – General Practice of Law – Partner – 7/1982 through 10/2004
- Rosemary G. Rubin Co., LPA – President – 10/2004 – present
Rosemary G. Rubin Co., LPA
1435 Market Avenue North
Canton, Ohio 44714
Phone: (330) 453-7104
Toll Free: 1-800-453-7114
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
After Hours or Saturday
- Law Day Chairman, 1978
- Social Chairman, 1981
- Young Lawyers Chairman, 1980 – 1981
- Executive Committee, 1982 – 1985
- Judicial Candidates Chairman, 1983
- Legal Aid Chairman, 1984 – 1986
- Probate Committee Chairman,
1987 – 1988
- Executive Committee, 1987 – 1993
- Secretary, 1988 – 1989
- 2nd Vice President, 1990 – 1991
- President, 9/1991 – 6/30/1992
- Graduate Leadership Canton –
- Canton Chapter Hadassah
- Jewish Community Federation
- Young Leadership Award 1984
- Canton Urban League Board Member
- Pyramid Board Member
- Canton Symphony Board Member
- Frequent lecturer for Stark County Bar Association Ohio CLE
- District 14 – Council Delegates,
- Ohio Lawyer Magazine Board, 1991 – 1993
- Joint Task Force on Gender Fairness
- Ohio State Bar Association and Ohio Supreme Court, 1991 – 1993
- Board of Governors – 7/1994 – 6/1997
- Chairman of Joint Task Force on Parenting Issues, 1991 – 2002
- Family Law Committee Member – present
- ADR Committee Member – present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow Member
OSBA Certified Paralegal/Office Manager
Kim Shackle been employed by Rosemary G. Rubin for 27 years and has gained much experience in the areas of family law and probate law. Kim is the Probate Paralegal for the firm, handling all aspects of estate matters and guardianships under Rosemary’s supervision.
In 2007, Kim participated in the first class of paralegals to be certified by the Ohio State Bar Association. Kim is also a tax preparer and knowledgeable about many tax issues affecting our clients.
In addition to her estate duties, Kim is also the Office Manager and administers the business end of the firm.
Jessica Shackle joined our practice as a legal assistant in September of 2014. Jessica brings with her five years of legal experience. Jessica assists Rosemary in the preparation and filing all the Court pleadings as well as the preparation of exhibit notebooks. She is a valuable addition to our staff.
With Rosemary Rubin, and Staff, the office is able to provide their clients with the best representation possible.